- You're receiving this email because we're updating the YouTube Terms of Service ('Terms') to clarify our terms and provide transparency to our users. The Terms were similarly updated in the United States in November 2020. These changes shouldn't significantly alter your access or use of the YouTube service.
- A summary of the changes:
- Facial recognition restrictions: The Terms of Service already state that you cannot collect any information that might identify a person without their permission. While this has always included facial recognition information, the new Terms make that explicitly clear.
- YouTube's right to monetise: YouTube has the right to monetise all content on the platform, and ads may appear on videos from channels not in the YouTube Partner Programme.
- Royalty payments and tax withholding: For creators entitled to revenue payments, such payments will be treated as royalties from a US tax perspective, and Google will withhold taxes where required by law.
- Please make sure that you read the updates to the Terms carefully. The new Terms will take effect on 1 June 2021 for users outside the US. By continuing to use YouTube after this date, you are agreeing to the new Terms. Please note, if you allow your child to use YouTube Kids, then you are agreeing to the new Terms on behalf of your child as well.
- If you would like more information, visit our Help Centre.
- You received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to the YouTube Terms.
- © 2021 Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
Parsed in 0.004 seconds